Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What is #LAskeez?



Everyone needs an introduction including #LAskeez

What is #LAskeez?

#LAskeez has been fun, witty, and adventurous since est. 1987 and it is time that I start sharing some of my exciting everyday rants and happenings with the good folks in the interwebs. I live, work, and socialize primarily in the great city of Los Angeles. As a result, most of my reviews, thoughts, and rants will be L.A.-centric. However, #LAskeez has been known to develop a bad case of the travel itches so hang tight. My readers (which I endearingly refer to as my #skeezies) get to come along with me on my many adventures albeit local or internationally. 

What's the #skeez today?

#LAskeez will be heading over to a show over at The Echo to see a great female soulful performer known as Kelela.




::Update::
It was brought to my attention that Kelela will be performing at 11pm tonight. Which means I have time to go to the Hollywood Palladium!  Jessy Lanza is the opening act for Cut Copy and will start her set at 9pm. I'm typically not good with dates but I do remember that I saw Jessy Lanza perform at the Bootleg Theatre in Westlake on Jan 24th 2014 (the eve of my birthday). She's a total sweetheart that I was fortunate to meet. She performs solo which means she's a complete certified BADASS-- earlier today during Morning Becomes Eclectic she said "...I got tired of trying to play with other people so I just started doing my own thing..."

Here's how the night is going to go: Jessy Lanza 9pm (Palladium)
                                                          Cut Copy 10pm (Palladium)
                                                          Kelela 11pm (The Echo)

I will leave this update with one of my personal favorite Jessy Lanza songs







No comments:

Post a Comment