Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hollywood Palladium to the Echo -- Jessy Lanza/ Cut Copy/ Kelela Reviews

I must admit going to two shows in one night was a little tiring but nothing #LAskeez couldn't handle. After circling the near by blocks a few times around the Palladium (I refuse to pay for parking, it's the principle!) I found parking and made it inside with 5 mins to spare.
Jessy Lanza started her set but she had this sense of uneasiness during her first song. Once her first song ended she ran off stage to grab a power cord for her laptop. After the power cord crisis was resolved, the set continued and everyone danced like there was no tomorrow minus the guy two feet away from me, he oddly enough kept trying to start a mosh pit--I think he was at the wrong show but who knows maybe that's just how he dances. 

Cut Copy was of course Cut Copy. They started their set with newer songs and saved their older material towards the end.

Oh and did I mention #LAskeez met Jessy Lanza (again)?

Here some photos from last night.  






Jessy Lanza opening up
#LAskeez & Jessy Lanza
Cut Copy "free your mind"
WAIT there's more! Night didn't stop here my #skeezies!! Off to The Echo #LAskeez went! Parking was found almost instantaneously (total score). I walked in right when Kelela started her FIRST set in Los Angeles. My vibe switched to a fun electronic-ness to smooth operator/shut up and listen to these soulful vocal chords. I left the show convinced that Kelela is ready to become a star.  She shared with the audience how she was a telemarketer and almost lost her job while listening to the track of "Bank Head" on the job. With her voice I'm sure she was a great telemarketer and probably the only telemarketer I wouldn't hang up on but let's face it she was definitely destined to be using her voice to entertain and move everyone that listens. Don't kill me for saying this if you disagree but #LAskeez would compare her to a female version of The Weekend but 10x.

Live videos from both shows are to be uploaded soon. For now I hope the #skeezies have enjoyed the photos.
Kelela @ The Echo April 1st, 2014 
What's the #Skeez today?!?

Let's just say #LAskeez enjoyed Kelela's set more than peanut butter loves jelly so #LAskeez will be headed down to The Echo AGAIN to catch her second and final show here in LA before she takes off to NYC.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment